Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your San Jose smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full charge of your San Jose home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and find tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in San Jose do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or saved footage from your integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in San Jose by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The main screen will show a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in San Jose
Even though multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new San Jose security system. Contact (408) 790-0318 to get started.