Ways to cut down on false alarms in San Jose
False alarms may become a real issue for home security systems. Not only do they lower the confidence you have in your installation, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your San Jose sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that everything is connected as intended. This process may appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that simple mistakes trigger false alarms. Next, watch out for potential causes of false alarms, such as windows and doors that may be left ajar by accident. And of course, feel free to use the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in San Jose .
Could it be really that easy? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in San Jose can be avoided
When figuring out any concern, the best course of action is to review the guidebook. Be certain that all alarms and sensors are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Performing a checkup through your smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all new smart implements are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your service specialist if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your San Jose system. They'll be happy to send out a trained expert to check your system.
Check your entry points
If your installation seems to be installed properly, the next course of action is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or might there be a few inadvertently open? If an entrance remains open, it could trip a sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently fails to shut an entry point, you might want to incorporate a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your system goes live. Unfortunately, windows require more manual maintenance, especially if you have a family member who enjoys to rest with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that alarm while protecting the remainder of the residence.
Smart home automation can be an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in San Jose
One of the smartest methods to reduce the chance of false alarms is to include home automation into your home security system. With your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms caused by absentmindedly unlocking doors or windows. Then have it reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm when your smart front door lock is triggered with the correct code.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm when you depart the property, then disarm when you return.
- Get cell phone updates when your devices notice unusual activity or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in San Jose with a Vivint smart home system
Increased control over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint home security system, call (408) 790-0318 or complete the following form.