What should you do when your San Jose home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family – against the multitude of risks you may face, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your San Jose home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and could provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and adhere to these straightforward tips.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In San Jose Triggers
It’s a situation no one wants to encounter, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders perform their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them to safety. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might include going to a designated safe room as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately frightened away the intruder, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, please vacate your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your phone. These days, most individuals carry their smartphones at all times, but you could forget to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in San Jose goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will instantly act. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The guideline they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is dispatched. If you have a break-in - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these steps to contact you:
- An effort will be made to contact you using the touchscreen interface. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will try to reach you again once the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be sent even when you're not available to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in San Jose
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in San Jose from Vivint. Call (408) 790-0318 to start designing your home’s defense today.